- Approximately 3,000 students are currently enrolled
- Approximately 1,600 College Credit Plus Students
- More than 52,000 students have attended MTC since its founding in 1970.
- The average student's age is 27.
- Student population is 64% female; 36% male.
- Nearly half of MTC students live in Marion County.
- More than half of MTC students attend part-time and 60% work while enrolled.
- Nearly 10% of MTC attend evening classes.
- Average class size of 24 students for lecture courses; 17 for lab courses.
- E-sports Varsity and Club
- Various clubs and organizations, intramural athletics, unique outdoor programs, recreational and common areas, a gymnasium, aerobics and weight room facilities, meeting rooms, and lounge areas.
- Variety of learning resources, including tutoring, disability services, computer labs, and more.
- School colors are blue and white.
- MTC provides more than $10 million in grants, scholarships, loans, and other college financial aid each year.
- Many MTC students are eligible for financial aid – grants, loans, and scholarships.
- Laboratory fees, textbooks, and supplies are in addition to tuition and fees. Tuition
1-12 Credit Hours . . . . $205 per Credit Hour 1-12 Credit Hours . . . . $360 per Credit Hour 13-18 Credit Hours . . . . $2665 Total 13-18 Credit Hours . . . .$4800 Total 19+ Credit Hours . . . ..$175 per Credit Hour 19+ Credit Hours . . . . $330 per Credit Hour
- MTC is a state-assisted technical college.
- One of 23 two-year public colleges in Ohio.
- MTC is an open admission institution, which means anyone with a high school diploma or GED can apply.
- Located on a 180-acre campus just east of the city of Marion on State Route 95.
- Campus includes the Bryson Hall/Technical Education Center, Health Technologies Building, Morrill Hall, Alber Student Center, Library/Classroom Building, and Maynard Hall.
- We share five buildings with The Ohio State University at Marion.
- Our campus library is part of The Ohio State University Library and the OhioLINK systems.
- The total library collection includes more than 5.5 million volumes.
- We award Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Business, Associate of Applied Science, and Associate of Technical Studies degrees in business, engineering, health, information, and public service technologies. We are also the first community college in Ohio to offer the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
- We also offer one-year and short-term certificate programs. We have nearly 100 courses that are guaranteed to transfer to various university and college majors.
MTC offers a comprehensive set of training and testing solutions for incumbent workers. Visit Workforce Solutions.